29 October 2011

Esie

There is so much to do in this game, that I never really tire or lose interest in playing. I cannot count the number of distractions and side-trips I've taken over the coarse of nearly six years now. The number of alts created, the number deleted, all that remain at various levels on numerous realms, has long past the length of current memory conditions. Perhaps due to the ways I was introduced into this game and the odd conditions prevailing at the time, I"ve been a long time alliance player. Sure, I've tried horde characters now and then. Although, none ever seemed to last longer than level 10 or 12, and all attempts were long before The Shattering of Azeroth. Well, lo and behold, that time rolled around once again. It is my pleasure and honor to introduce, Esie.



One must always have a good night's rest
Esie is an Undead Priest (female). Rather attractive in a dark sort of way, in spite of various dried up bones protruding here and there. And, quite thin for the wear and tear. All in all though, she has potential and desire, albeit questionable at times.

Esie's beginnings ran along the usual lines, kill so many of this and that, collect X-amounts of this and that. Soon enough, she was deemed ready for war and sent along to Silverpine. The Forsaken want their land back. The war stratagy seems simple enough. Kill anything/anybody that gets in the way. Rid the land of all intruders. After a few "proving" quests are under her belt, ( a much needed accessory to hold her pants up over the bones), she was honored with an introduction to the Dark Lady herself, Lady Sylvanas Windrunner. It was at this point where things got very interesting, real sudden like.


Esie and The Dark Lady
The amount of story quest lines and cut scenes burst open. History behind the Forsaken beginnings, the Dark Lady's meaningful intents, etc. Like a child in a penny candy store, I would rush from quest to quest, excited and wanting to know (see) more. At one point, I forget how it came about, but Esie was doing so well she was asked to stand beside the Dark Lady and join in on a meeting with Warchief Hellscream. A meeting which the Dark Lady said he would probably give us commendations for our successes'. Perhaps needless to say, the meeting did not go well. There was a noticable rift between Hellscream and Esie's leader. No commendations came from it, but rather strong words from Hellscream about Lady Sylvanas days becoming rather shorter in number. Surely, not a good sign of things to come.


Risen from death
Then came the war against the Worgens, the battle at Gilenas and of coarse, treachery within the ranks. Esie stood by at the Greymane Wall and witnessed her beloved leader get shot to death in the back. And then had to stand by and watch as her favorite battle companion, Agatha (a Vykrul), gave her life along with her two companions to raise the Dark Lady from death. These were sad times indeed, and Esie will dearly miss Agatha. It was parting time for now, as the Dark Lady gave Esie orders to proceed into Hillsbrad territory. With some regrets, Esie packed her bags with what little she possessed, and began her journeys.


Finally! A horse to ride instead of walking.
Esie is considerably older and wiser since I started this post, in fact, she has dominated game play for a couple of weeks now. lol, I've actually become quite fond of her and her antics. I think though that I should attribute some of her success to realm choice. I chose Medivh for her home. A neutral server where you can create characters of both factions, and pvp only if you flag yourself. I think some of the hardcore and eliteists call this a "care-bear" server, but that's fine with me. I can wander about with all my distractions and explore all the quirks as they appear. She only got hacked to death once so far, by a level capped Nelf rogue. And that was because she weaved her way from Stranglethorn to Stormwind to douse the alliance wickerman. Her gleeful success in doing so flagged her for combat, and instant death.


Traveling in style, with vending machines no less!
Obviously, Hallows End has broadened her travels in Azeroth, as she has aged several times just collecting candy for nourishment. Not to mention two really cool companion pets and an assortment of masks to play with. Esie has learned a lot though in her travels and dealings along the way. And should you ever run into her, she'll stand her ground proudly and tell you, "I am Forsaken."

4 comments:

  1. All my characters are on "care bear" servers. It seems it would be frustrating to be wandering around discovering things and constantly being chopped up, which I would be as I fail as a pvper.

    The Forsaken are my favorite Horde race although I'm not sure about the Dark Lady's sanity lately, but that Garrosh, what a jerk, lol.

    Happy travels Esie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ancient! I've taken quite well to the Forsaken, surpriseingly enough. So much so, I just may need to give Esie a long lost sister or something.
    Esie is doing well, and happy in her travels thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Forsaken beginning questline post cata is pretty awesome. Myself, I primarily am Alliance but occasionally go to the horde. I belong on Emerald Dream (US) and actually have a lot of fun exploring while being on edge for pvp attacks. Good story set you put in and fun screenshots!

    ~Mhorgrim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to MJ, Mhorgrim! Thank you for the comments.

    I also have been Alliance for years, so the Horde experiance is quite interesting, and I've really enjoyed being Forsaken.

    Lol, coming from a heavy pvp server to a nuetral one is also quite a shock!

    ReplyDelete